The state government has put it on oath that at least nine of the 47 riots-related intelligence documents sought by suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt were destroyed in 2006 and 2010 in “routine course”.
Deputy Inspector General of Police (Intelligence), J K Bhatt, filed an affidavit in this regard on Wednesday pursuant to the recent order of the Nanavati Commission over the issue.
On November 2, the government had told the Commission that nine of the documents had been destroyed, following which, the Commission ordered the government to put the said statement on record.
The stand taken by the government on these destroyed documents is in stark contrast to its stand taken before the Gujarat High Court. The Advocate General representing the government had told the court that the documents had not been destroyed.
Bhatt told The Indian Express that in the affidavit the government has stated that the nine documents have been destroyed as per routine practice. All these were intelligence documents falling under various categories under which they were to be destroyed after a particular period.
Against this affidavit, Bhatt has filed his clarification and stated that the categorisation of documents by the intelligence department was not in conformity with the circulars issued by the General Administration Department. He has claimed that some of the documents were destroyed even before their stipulated time period, as per the circulars in that regard by the General Administrative Department.
Bhatt has sought clarification from the government on these points. The Commission has asked the government to file a reply to the same and kept further hearing on Friday.
Beautiful thing, this whole Gujarat government's bid to wipe the slate clean by destroying papers related to the massacres. A perfect crime. Eliminate all fingerprints and then kill or discredit all witnesses. Then turn to the party high command to claim you are the next PM. Shame on Gujaratis for putting prosperity before principles. You all know what happened but you maintain the conspiracy of silence.
Mr Bhatt whose Payroll are u on.or have you been promised a promotion by the congress.It is a tragedy so many Sikhs died in Delhi but nobody was resposible and nobody was guilty.
1- THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SIKH RIOTS AND 2002 IS VERY CLEAR.......2002 WAS STATE SPONCERD AND 1984 WAS NOT....IT WAS ANGER BY(BECAUSE SHOOTER WAS PART OF DIVISIVE FORCE MAY BE ENEMY COUNTRY OF INDIA) PEOPLE.........BOTH SHALL BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE. CONGRESS CONDEMNED IT TO SIKH'S AT LEAST FOR THEM. AND ALSO MADE SIKH A PM...........AND MODI IS PROUD FOR KILLING...........CAN BJP MAKE A MUSLIM CM???????????? 2-WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR 1984 RIOT'S???????????????? DID ANY BODY STOPPED YOU TO FILE WRIT IN COURT.. 3- BOTH RIOT'S PEOPLES SHOULD BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE. AND TWO WRONGS DONT MAKE ONE RIGHT.. 4--YOU SAY "excellent administration and no riots from 2002 onwards" YES EXACTLY!!!!!.......THAT SHOWS IF YOUR HITLER (MODI) WISHED TO STOP HE COULD HAVE STOPPED...........BUT HAD OPPORTUNITY TO CASH IN THE MOMENT TO POLARISE THE COMMUNITY AND WIN ELECTION...............I AM ALSO HINDU GUJRATI BUT NOT LIKE YOU...........SHAME ON BIASED PPL WHO ELECT HITLER......GO AND CHECK YOUR BRAIN.