According to the officials of fire and emergency services, the blast occurred due to excessive steaming at 6.45 am when Rambir Singh and Bodh Raj were working near the boiler, preparing the day’s stock. While Rambir died, Bodh Raj was injured. Shyam Singh, Rambir’s brother, called the police.
Shyam said the explosion happened due to steam and was an accident.
Bodh Raj, who was working with Rambir, suffered minor burn injuries and was undergoing a treatment in GH-6. Doctors said his condition was stable.
The officials of the fire and emergency services department of Panchkula said that they received the call at 10.20 am and one fire tender was sent to the spot. It took 30 minutes to douse the fire. As per officials, there was no damage to the property.
Rambir was a 35-year-old native of Uttar Pradesh. He lived in Panchkula with his brother Shyam and was survived by wife and children.