Here are five celebrated quotes about his love life:
* Diana on BBC Panorama programme about her husband's infidelity: "There were three of us in this marriage -- so it was a bit crowded".
* Camilla to Diana: "You've got everything you ever wanted. You've got all the men in the world falling in love with you and you've got two beautiful children. What more do you want?
Diana - "I want my husband"
*Diana to Camilla: "I know what's going on between you and Charles and I want you to know that. Don't treat me like an idiot."
* Charles to Camilla, in an intercepted telephone call: "I want to feel my way along you, all over you and up and down you and in and out. Oh God, I'll just live inside your trousers or something -- it would be much easier."
* Camilla: "What are you going to turn into, a pair of knickers? Oh, you're going to come back as a pair of knickers."
* Charles: "Or, God forbid, a Tampax (tampon). Just my luck!" Camilla: "You are a complete idiot! Oh, what a wonderful idea."
* Camilla to Charles as they danced at a London nightclub after meeting at a polo match: "My great-grandmother was your great-great grandfather's mistress, so how about it?"