How to Apply
Rules for Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards 2010
- There will be no entry fee for submission of an entry.
- Each entry shall be made in the manner and with the forms and enclosures mentioned herein.
- The Awards are open to all who have completed 18 years of age.
- The entry submitted must be from a media house, wire service, syndicate or news organization; television or radio channel - broadcast or published by an Indian or Indian organization. This does not apply to entries in the category for Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Award for Foreign Correspondent Covering India.
- The Award categories and criteria are specified at www.expressindia.com/rngf/awards. Completed entries should be submitted to The Express Group, Express Building, 9 & 10, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi 110 002 latest by 5:00 p.m. on April 16, 2012. The Express Group and the Judge[s] shall not be responsible for delays in receipt of any entry.
- The entry form should be completed and secured to the front of the entry, along with a clear copy of the same. For judging, copies of your work are required as specified below. Every copy must have an entry form attached, these can be photocopies of the original completed entry form. Print - submit two originals of news or feature stories, Television - submit two DVDs in MPEG format along with script/s, Radio - submit one DAT and one Audio CD, Books - submit two copies of the book. The entry form can also be downloaded from the website, http://www.expressindia.com/ramnath-goenka-foundation
- The original articles submitted of the publication/coverage must indicate the publication/broadcast date.
- Any significant challenge to the veracity, accuracy, fairness, or authenticity or objection to significant omission of an entry such as published letters, corrections, clarifications, retractions, should be included.
- The entry must disclose if the article/programme is a subject of legal challenge/proceedings. The Judge[s] &/or The Express Group may require the Applicant to furnish additional information/explanation in such case.
- A series must be designated as such by the publication when it is printed. A regular column may also be submitted as a series. Fiction will not be considered.
- No more than two entries by the same writer/journalist may be submitted. No newspaper, magazine, wire service, syndicate or news organisation may have more than two entries in each category.
- Winners who have received awards two times for the same category is not eligible to apply in the same category.
- Winners of Excellence in reporting on HIV/AIDS is not eligible to apply in this category.
- An English translation must be supplied for an entry in Hindi/ foreign/regional language.
- A sponsoring letter of nomination should be submitted, signed by a person senior to the Applicant, employed by the same organisation, and included with the entry form.
- The entry form and enclosures if incomplete, will automatically invalidate the entry and disqualify the Applicant. If more than the permitted number of entries are submitted, entries will be considered in chronological order, the additional entries will be ignored.
- The article/coverage entered must have been published/broadcast between January 1, 2010 and December 31, 2010 [both dates inclusive].
- The Applicants will be deemed to have read and understood the rules and regulations when they sign the entry form.
- The Express Group shall have full right and license to announce the prize winners and in pursuance thereof or otherwise to cover the Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards, publish the content of the material and/or biography sketch with or without the photograph and with or without the name of the organisation, which have been submitted.
- The material and entry form once submitted shall become the property of The Express Group and shall not be returned.
- Entry forms that are torn, ripped and/or mutilated will not be accepted.
- The decision of the Judge[s] appointed by The Express Group and forming the Jury/Prize Board shall be final and binding. No correspondence of whatsoever nature will be entertained by The Express Group in this regard.
- The names of the winners and the prizes will be announced by The Express Group. The date of publication of the results and the place for distribution of the prizes will be at the sole discretion of The Express Group.
- The Express Group reserves their right to suspend, cancel, or modify the rules and regulations for these Awards at any time and without prior notice.
- The Express Group reserves the right to return any submission / entry at any stage without assigning reasons.
- In the event that there is any doubt as to the integrity, veracity, genuineness, authenticity, fairness or otherwise of any entrant, or any instance of his/her having violating the Code of Ethics of a Journalist, the Judges may in their sole discretion, withdraw his /her submission at any stage. The decision of the Judges will be final.
- No claim of whatsoever nature shall be entertained if the winner[s] fail[s] to collect the Prize[s] at the Awards ceremony and/or venue specified by The Express Group.
- New Delhi Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.